Sunday, November 01, 2009

Holiday Ducks

On a Cost Plus shopping trip I found my way to the front of the store and encountered a bucket of rubber duckies. I love ducks and am a sucker for non-traditional rubber ducks. I look down and the first one I see is one with a dradle and yarmulke. Awesome! Then I see a Santa duck. I could see where this theme was going. On the side was one where I couldn't see the front, but the back feathers were light brown. My mind immediately jumped to "Yes! Everyone in my family is getting one of these bad boys."

Come on, what would you assume?

But alas, I did not reach in the bucket and pull out a Kwanzaa duck. Instead I got a gingerbread duck with a chef hat. What the hell? First off, I had to convince myself that I wasn't racist by assuming the pattern goes Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa. Then I sadly, I moved away from the bucket without the greatest holiday gift of all. How dare you Cost Plus. World Market my ass!

No comments: