Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oscar Poop

Did anyone else notice that two of the nominees for Best Supporting Actress are both for roles of women who have a memorable scene involving poop? While these are two talented women that shared the screen together in The Nines, this of all things is what I noticed. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be Octavia Spencer that will take home the prize even though Melissa McCarthy is quite funny in her role. 

I am pleased to see Gary Oldman get his first nomination even though he will lose to resident prom king George Clooney. I want "Muppet or Man" to win best song. This is kind of a strange and uneventful Oscar year. Will Jonah Hill get a big head now that he's lost all that weight and has an Oscar nomination?. I think Martin Scorsese has won the "He made it, slap an Oscar nomination on it like he's Steven Spielberg, (though ironically, let's leave Spielberg out for War Horse)" seal of approval. Kristen Wiig is getting Oscar recognition and didn't have to go Bill Murray or Eddie Murphy serious on us. (I bet she'll lose to Woody Allen so the balance is restored.)

I'm praying that one of these I have never heard of them so they must be foreign animated movies wins since it's  Kung Fu Panda 2, Rango, and Puss in Boots for best animated movie? And lastly, we now live in the world of Academy Award nominated Transformers: Dark of the Moon. I know it's a sound thing, but come on. My heart hurts. 

Oh well, I look forward to ignoring the telecast and refreshing my IMDb page that night.

No comments: